Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Peking Acrobats

I attended the Peking Acrobats and as I was sitting there enjoying the amazing stunts I realized that this could be a very good educational experience for me. I first listened to the musical instruments and how their folk music was very different from American styles of music. The Instruments were very different and the techniques for playing the instruments were also very different. I noticed that women were playing the string instruments and the men were playing the percussion instruments. Then in the stunts they always tried to get it right even if it was a very dangerous stunt. One man who had a balancing act flipped bowls up and caught them on his head. He had a problem catching the 3 bowl combination and kept trying until he got it right. If something didn't happen right they would always try to get it right before they would let the audience applaud for them. I believe that never giving up is a part that has been integrated into their culture for a long time. I really respect their effort for accomplishment. If I could create an environment in my classroom to have students keep trying until they succeed, it will be a very good life lesson for them. This experience for me has helped me to really think about traits that other cultures have that would really aid me in my quest to help students become the best that they can be.

No comments: