Thursday, February 15, 2007

Opening Convocation

I attended the opening convocation ceremony and saw the bishop of the ELCA speak. He had great speaking skills making his speech interesting. He weaved his true message of his sermon with jokes, stories, and topics that everyone could relate to. Throughout the sermon he kept my attention by throwing these different aspects of his life into them. The one thing that really brought me back into his sermon was when he was telling a story about how someone asked him what he did as a retreat or to become re energized. He said that he would visit college campuses. That brought me into his speech again and kept me interested to the end. I was amazed at how much my generation could influence years to come. This drove my will to become a teacher ever farther. Being a teacher is my vocation it is what I am called to be.

No comments: